Just like we have specialist doctors for hair, heart, kidneys, orthopaedics, we also have doctors who specialize in the treatment of skin disorders. These trained skin doctors are also called dermatologists. Their study enables them to identify and diagnose specific skin disorders and prescribe a suitable course of treatment to the patient. Skin disorders are very common. Almost every 1 in 3 people suffer from skin conditions. In some, it may be mild, temporary and painless while in some others, it may be severe, chronic and painful. Besides skin treatments, a dermatologist can also enhance the texture of the skin, delay the process of ageing, and remove scars through cosmetic procedures. When you are on the lookout for a dermatologist, you must keep in mind the below mentioned five things.
When researching for your dermatologist doctor in Mumbai, keep these five things in mind:
- Certifications: When you see to get an expert dermatologist, you must ensure that he/she is board certified. This lets you know that the skin doctor is trained and possess the necessary skills to practice.
- Research the dermatology clinics well: A skin specialist may be holding his/her visits in a hospital, clinic or practicing privately. The conditions of the workplace throw light on their character. If the chamber is unkempt, has old-dated magazines and books it shows that the level of research at the clinic is old dated.
- Consider gender: Not all people are open to talk about their skin disorders at private parts to a doctor of an opposite gender. Hence, it is important to consider the gender of the dermatologist before you choose one. Sometimes you have to show certain body parts or diagnosis. If you are uncomfortable showing it, you must choose a dermatologist who is of the same gender as you are.
- Flexible appointments and scheduling procedures – A good dermatologist will not consider time as a factor when it comes to checking or treating his patients. If a dermatologist continuously watches his clock, it means he values time more than his patients. A good doctor will take time to evaluate the skin disorders and other related health issues. If your dermatologist rushes in his ways, is always time-bound and makes it difficult for you to schedule appointments, it is recommended to switch to a better one.
- A great interactive session: A dermatologist should be approachable. You should be able to talk and discuss everything that is related to your skin, freely. He should be able to answer all your queries patiently. Skin disorders can take a toll on your stress levels. It can be emotionally distressing to suffer from skin problems.it is always an added benefit to have a dermatologist who can instil confidence and self-esteem in you. They should also be able to recommend you pharmacies that offer discounts on their medicines.
A celebrity dermatologist in Mumbai will formulate a treatment plan based on the type, symptoms and severity of your skin disorde